Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to bookings on events,
seminars, training courses and conferences delivered by Medica
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms, the following words and expressions shall have
the following meanings.
- “You”, “Your(s)” means the person
named in the Booking Form as the person booked to attend a
Medica CPD Event.
- “Booking” means a booking for delegate/s to
attend a Medica CPD event made by submitting a Registration
Booking Form and confirmed by Medica CPD by providing you
with a confirmation. (as defined in clause 3.)
- “Delegate(s)” means the person(s) attending at
the Medica CPD event.
- “Event” means a training course, exhibition,
conference or other event to be held by Medica CPD in
respect of which you are submitting a Booking Form.
- “Fee” means the total sum payable by You to
Medica CPD as specified in the Booking.
- Before booking onto any Medica CPD event, please ensure you
have read the event programme, content and Terms &
- Once Medica CPD has received your booking via online, by
telephone, email or in the post, this constitutes a firm
- Upon completion of your registration, you will be sent a
confirmation by email. The confirmation will be sent to the
e-mail address provided on the registration form.
- If you have not received your confirmation details within
10 days of booking, you must contact Medica CPD on 0141 638
4098 to arrange for documentation to be re-posted.
- Registrations are unique to individuals and cannot be
shared with another person.
- If you are booking on behalf of another person, you must:
- Ensure their availability to attend the full event on the date of event.
- Ensure the event is the right one for their CPD requirements.
- Pass on the confirmation or provide their contact details so Medica CPD can send event communications directly.
- Be aware of these Terms and Conditions and ensure they are passed onto the registered delegate.
- PAYMENT IS DUE 30 DAYS FROM DATE OF THE INVOICE OR BEFORE
THE EVENT START DATE. (Whichever comes sooner)
- Full confirmation of attendance will only be issued when
payment of invoice is received in full. Early registration
is essential for invoices.
- Your registration constitutes a legally binding agreement,
payment must be received before the event. Any outstanding
payment becomes the responsibility of the named delegate
- Registration fees are based on the date of receipt of the
- All registration prices indicated are on per person basis.
- To qualify for the Discounted Rate, registration booking
forms for both events must be made on the same day and
booked under the same delegate name to attend both the
conference and training course.
- VAT will be charged at the prevailing rate.
- Upon arrival at the event venue, all registered delegates
are to present their booking confirmation letter / e-mail,
received on the date of registering, to the Medica CPD to
be allowed access into the event.
- Organising and financing accommodation and travel to attend
the all Medica CPD events is the responsibility of the
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will
be stated on the event details and the cost included in the
registration fee quoted. Any special dietary requirements
need to be notified to Medica CPD in advance of the event,
as specified on the booking form.
- In most circumstances, delegate packs will be issued on the
day of the event. This documentation is made available only
to those attending the event. Delegate packs are provided
for the sole use of the delegate and may not be reproduced
whether in whole or part, shared or distributed by any
method whatsoever without prior permission of the copyright
- Medica CPD will always try to run our events. There may be
circumstances that affect you that are beyond our control
such as rail/tube strikes or inclement weather. In these
instances, the decision to attend or not rests solely with
the registered delegate. Failure to attend the event will
result in the full cost of the registration fee being incurred.
- Cancellations must be made in writing. A refund less an
administration charge of £25 will be given to cancellations
received 2 months before the event start date. After this
date the full fee is payable, regardless if the delegate
attends on the day or not.
- Substitutions can be made for cancelled registrations, if
we are notified up to 3 working days before the event.
- Medica CPD cannot transfer the registered delegate to
another event if they are unable to attend the event
- “No Shows” on the day of the event are liable for the full
outstanding registration fee.
- The Medica CPD organisers reserve the right to change the
programme, speakers and venue as required.
- In the unlikely event that Medica CPD have to cancel the
event we will issue a refund for the registration fee. We
are not responsible for any other costs incurred.
- Registered participants will be informed in writing of any
changes to the event prior to it starting.
- The personal data that you supply during the registration
of this event will be entered into a database and used by
the event organisers to manage your registration and
attendance. Unless you advise to the contrary, in writing
and in advance to the event organiser, your name and
affiliation may be made available in a list of delegates to
both attendees at, and the sponsor(s) of, the events. The
personal data in the database will be retained by the event
organisers, unless requested in writing, and may be used to
inform you about other appropriate services and events that
may be organised in the future.
Photography & Videography
- Medica CPD reserves the right to photograph and videotape
all Medica CPD events and participants and to use such
photographs and videos in any internal and external
communication referring to Medica CPD events, including,
but not limited to, its websites, social media pages,
newsletters, e-mail campaigns, future event leaflets and
event reports. You hereby consent to such uses.
- MedicaCPD are continuing to monitor the situation involving
Covid-19 and are following all government advice. In the event we
must cancel a conference/training day, we will notify delegates as
soon as possible and aim to reschedule the event for a later date.